January 20, 2021 — By: Curmari Lewis Creator/ Personal Trainer
12 Reasons to why you should choose fitness seems almost like a cliche in a world full of gyms, outdoor parks, and recreational centers. According to the U.S Department of Health & Human Services, Less than 5% of adults participate in 30 minutes of physical activity each day and only one in three adults receive the recommended amount of physical activity each week. This means in the United States we have resources/ tools and do not use them to the fullest. We all have our reasons to why we can’t work out or be physically fit because of our busy life. I have a few questions for you, How long do you plan to be busy? How long do you plan to put your health last? and How important is health to you? I only ask because you can commit a couple hours out of your 168 hour week to get you were you need to be physically. Before giving you 10 reasons why you should start exercising I leave this with you. According to the U.S Department of Health & Human Services , only one in three children are physically active every day, and more than 80% of adults do not meet the guidelines for both aerobic and muscle- strengthening activities, and more than 80% of adolescents do not do enough aerobic physical activity to meet the guidelines for youth. For more information on health facts & statistics visit: https://www.hhs.gov/fitness/resource-center/facts-and-statistics/index.html
12 Reasons Why:
- Decrease risk of illness: Did you know exercising builds up and improves circulation of our white blood cells, which we need to fight off harmful bacteria and diseases. This helps to prevent us from getting sick.
- Increase speed of recovery from injury or surgery: Exercising Daily and living a healthy lifestyle, your body can repair itself better from damage done by injury or surgery. When you increase muscle tissue and white blood cells by working out your body will be able to reduce inflammation that occurs from an injury or surgery.
- Keep focus: Exercise helps improve your brains ability to focus, remember, visualize, plan and solve problems. A healthier body will supply a high amount of oxygen to your brain, which allows you yo improve focus.
- Improve Flexibility: As mentioned in previous blog post, by stretching before and after exercise your muscles become more elastic, improving your overall range of motion and flexibility. You can improve flexibility by engaging in yoga or pilates classes. An increase in flexibility can decreases stiffness in joints, and can decrease pain and inflammation associated with arthritis.
- Improve overall appearance:Exercising does not only help you feel better, but it will help you look physically better as well. Along with healthy eating and managing stress, you can look your best by becoming toned and defined. Genetic play a major part in what we look like, but exercising improves your overall health and appearance.
- Be able to withstand stress: During a pandemic it is imperative to withstand stress and changes. Exercising increases the hormone epinephrine, another name for adrenaline. This hormone increases blood flow which carries oxygen to the brain. Also, means you will be more alert and aware of your surroundings. Which help deal and process stress effectively. Exercising stimulates the release of other hormones called endorphins, and other feel good hormones. This ultimately helps improve your mood and feelings. If a gym or recreational center is closed in your area check out these 7 easy at home exercises to get you started: http://uncomfortablyfit.com/index.php/2021/01/08/7-easy-at-home-work-outs/
- Sleep Better: Exercise can help you sleep better. Did you know people who exercise tend to fall asleep quicker and stay asleep longer. Sleeping better is a great mood elevator to help you manage stress and reduce anxiety.
- Reduce blood pressure: Regular exercise strengthens the heart and improves contractile function. Also reduces high blood pressure, and could help prevent it.
- Increase Metabolic Rate: Exercise not only will increase the total number of calories that you burn, but it also can increase your resting metabolic rate in order to burn more calories while at rest. This is great because regular exercise helps control weight.
- Increase functional strength: From picking yourself up to getting out of a chair our bodies are able to perform daily activities better throughout our lives.
- Improves Balance & Coordination: Exercise can improve your balance and stability. This is what we call “Kinesthetic awareness” you will have a better feel of where you are spatially. This is important so you don’t run into things at the store by mistake, or just out in about.
- Improves sex drive: Exercise increases circulation, which helps prevent erectile dysfunction and impotence. Which means exerting can increase sex hormones like testosterone. This is important especially as we get older.
Stay Connected ~
Next time you’re considering to miss out on exercising, or contemplating getting in shape ( Visit the 5 stages of Change model: http://uncomfortablyfit.com/index.php/2021/01/09/five-part-series-the-stages-of-change/) you can use this list as a motivational reference. If you have any family or friends who are not exercising, definitely send them this blog post. There are many more reasons why you should get fit, but these 12 I find the most important for ones physical health. As always, endure an open mind while maintaining balance within the body. I hope this article does you well below is a list of ways you can stay connected for FREE: (Like, Comment, & Share)
SEND TEXT TO: 81010 Message: @Uncomf
Follow Instagram: Uncomfortably__fit
FaceBook page: @UncomfortablyFitpage
Subscribe to Youtube: @Uncomfortably Fit
Call/Text for Questions or Fitness inquiries: 877-242-7286
Additional Resources: (Mindfulness)